Thursday, October 4, 2018

Intercession


We can take steps to prevent many things.  Medicines to prevent ulcers from forming or heart medications to ward off heart attacks, pills to control high blood pressure.  If we are wise we do what we can to prevent illness. 

Yet we often fail to do the very best thing we can do.  We talk to doctors.  We google and read everything we can to educate ourselves on our problem.  Then we fail to talk to the One who created us in the first place, neglecting to pick up the written Word of God, giving Him our ear and an opportunity to come to our rescue. 



My heart is heavy and my mind wrestling with the struggles Jett and his parents are having with his schooling.  Morgan had to pick him up again this week because his behavior was unsatisfactory. 

Much conversation has gone on about the situation.  Many words have been spoken, and written.  I sit here in my sleeplessness writing even more of them!

As I try always to do, I look for where God has been faithful to us.  There is plenty.  Then I look for where I might not be faithful.  Plenty of that too. 

I have prayed long and hard for this child.  But I confess, I have failed to continue except for those prayers said in thanksgiving each time I see him.  These issues at school are huge to his mother.  But I think they are a training ground for life.  How he learns to cope will BE how he copes.  And his mommie can't come remove him from the situations he will face when he is older.


Just this week I had an opportunity to pray with someone about some things.  The very next day that same person shared how God was moving in answer to those prayers. 

God listens.  And God acts.  Why do I fail to talk to Him?  FIRST. 

So tonight, I purpose to refocus,  I purpose to talk to God more about it than I talk to people. But as I did when Jett was fighting for his life, I do now.  I call our prayer warriors.  I believe intercessory prayer is for ALL believers, but I also believe there are some of us who have been called to it in a little different way.  

Pray with me for every member of the school personnel.  Every person who meets Jett from the secretary, the maintenance, the principle, the superintendent, the lunch staff, and especially Jett's teacher. Pray God will give wisdom, and patience.  I boldly ask God to give his teacher clear understanding of how to communicate with Jett, and how to successfully guide him as he learns to cope with his frustrations. 

Pray with me for Jett.  He is a very quick minded, smart little boy. God has given him back to us with these few obstacles to overcome.  Pray that God will give this child patience, with himself, and with others.  

Pray for Morgan and Matt, and for Elizabeth and Jason.  Pray they will not react, but be prayerful FIRST, in every situation that arises with Jett, now and in all the days to come. This child is so cherished, by all of us.  We have made many promises, committed to taking care of this little boy God have given back to us.  Give all of us wisdom in HOW to do that. 

I prayed over and over that God would grant Jett life with nothing lacking.  Seems he might have a little patience lacking!  But how many 4 year old little boys have a whole lot of patience?! 






No comments:

Post a Comment